It will feature extensive expert insights from a raft of big-name brands, leading academics, policy experts, and the most innovative suppliers, all focusing on the region with biggest growth potential for food, beverage, supplements, functional products and nutrition – Asia.
The 2022 face-to-face summit will feature:
- Day one dedicated to Healthy Ageing, incorporating our long-standing Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, in a region where 1.3bn people will be over the age of 60 by 2050.
- Day two will be dedicated to Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, incorporating our established Probiota Asia summit, as we connect the worlds of business and science in these fascinating, and booming, categories.
- And day three will be dedicated to Protein, incorporating our Protein Vision event, as we shine the spotlight on one of the fastest-growing categories, plant-based protein, as well as detailing the latest innovation in the emerging cultivated product space, and of course the traditional meat, dairy and seafood sectors.
Today we can reveal that Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, at Brands Suntory will deliver a keynote talk titled ‘Mobility and cognition: Suntory’s strategy for meeting healthy ageing needs’.
Her synopsis states: “Although Suntory’s core competency is in cognitive health, it has started to build new competency in mobility research, because physical and mental aspects are equally important to achieve healthy ageing.
“Transformational innovation has led to the development of its new product MEMO+ containing proprietary ingredient ProBeptigen® to support cognitive health during ageing. A clinical trial showed that ProBeptigen® improved short- and long-term memory as well as spatial working memory, in middle-aged healthy individuals.
“Consumer-centric research also led to the development of our product for holistic mobility, a new combination of Essence of Chicken with FlexC-II, targeted to support joint, bone and muscle health.”
Key takeaways from this talk will include:
• Why Suntory chose to expand beyond my its core competency in cognitive health to build new expertise in mobility research
• How its research meets the health needs of the ageing population
• How its proprietary ingredient ProBeptigen® and new product Essence of chicken with FlexC-II can offer a holistic solution to healthy ageing
Dr Shan May holds a PhD in neurobiology, but has extended her scope of research beyond neuroscience to a more diversified portfolio including research on osteoarthritis, sarcopenia, ageing and beauty.
She specialises in the technical aspects and her research experiences span across preclinical studies including establishment of In Vitro (cellular) and animal models as a screening platform for bioactive discovery, as well as clinical trials for efficacy validation. Her current role is to support the commercialization of final products from novel ingredient development to post-commercialization product support such as health food claims and intellectual property.
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Gerben Kamps, Head of Global Business Development of Seafood Alternatives, Thai Union Group
- Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores
- Dr. Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili
- Laurent Stévenart, Singapore and UAE Country Manager, Impossible Foods
- Dr Sunny Wong, Associate Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, H&H Group (parent company of Biostime and Swisse)
- Dr Daisuke Fujiwara, General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin Holdings
- Dr Shao Quan Liu, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Food Science and Technology
- Aaron Yeo, Director of Operations, GOOD Meat
- Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Professor Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Alicia Ng, Vice President and Head of R&D for Wider Asia, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Jesse Gu, Head of Sales and Marketing, BYHEALTH International
- Carrie Chan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avant
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Dr Saishreyas Sundarajoo, Head of Clinical Affairs, AMiLi
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Melrose Health
- Dr Roberto Grau, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR) and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas (CONICET), Argentina
- Sanghyun Lim, Principal Researcher, Cell Biotech
- Tony Hunter, Global Strategic Foresight Consultant, Food Scientist and Speaker, Food Futurist
- Dr Dai Chen, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS) and CTO Probicient
We will also be hosting a condensed digital event, consisting of three 90-minute broadcasts on the same topics the following week, from 18-20 October.
Throughout both events, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial rewards on offer.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head: APAC at publisher William Reed’s Global Brands division, said: “We are delighted to be able to return to live events here in Singapore, home to our regional HQ, and are thrilled with the stellar line-up of industry experts who will be sharing their insights.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone to our summit as we showcase the huge potential for growth across the Healthy Ageing, Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, and Protein sectors here in Asia.”
We also have extensive sponsorship opportunities for innovative brands to partner with us to showcase their solutions across the Healthy Ageing category, Probiotics, Prebiotics and Microbiome space, and the Protein sectors. For more information, contact Sueann.firstname.lastname@example.org.