Analysis of Dietary Supplements and Health Foods
The vitamins A, C, D, E, B6, B12, folate, and the minerals selenium, zinc, copper, and iron, are essential for normal immune function. Dietary supplements are highly in demand to boost immunity and prevent deficiencies in these nutrients.
Dietary supplements and their raw materials are diverse, from an extract in a tablet to a tea packet, milk, or oil bottle in the kitchen. Producers and regulators ensure that active compounds are present in these supplements at the levels expected. Geographic origin, freshness, and production-type can affect health benefits also require testing. LC and GC methods focus on known compounds of importance with many outlined by reference bodies like IOC, ISO, FSSAI, and USP.
- Fast Multivitamin analysis by LC for Nutrition labeling
- Easy amino acid analysis by LC for the food and pharmaceutical industry
- Simple fatty acid analysis by GC for milk and oil applications
- Elemental analysis by ICP-OES in infant and health food
- Antibiotics analysis by LC/MS/MS in Honey and processed food
Herbal supplements analysis by LC/MSMS, GC/MSMS and ICP-MS