FoodNavigator-Asia published a free, fortnightly email newsletter featuring the very latest Middle East industry news and developments. (you can sign up on our homepage by entering your email and choosing your newsletter preferences).
In the meantime, here are the top five most-read Middle East stories from 2017.
1) Al Islami tops list of influential halal food companies
A UAE company was named the world’s leading halal food vendor in a new report on the global market for food acceptable to Muslims.
2) Saudi sets date for 50-100% beverage sin tax next month
Saudi Arabia began to tax energy drinks and carbonated sodas from June 10, making it the first country in the Gulf to fix an implementation date.
3) Changes in consumer tastes offer crucial GCC investment opportunities
Food and beverage manufacturers must keep on top of the Gulf’s fast-changing tastes, workforce trends and government zeal for healthy diets, according to a new report.
4) Five top technology launches showcased at Gulfood Manufacturing
Take a look at some of the new technology and services that were on view in the halls of Gulfood Manufacturing 2017, held in Dubai.
5) Dubai launches hint at Middle East’s growing clout for Tetra Pak
It is no coincidence that Tetra Pak has chosen the Middle East as its launch site for a trio of new products, reflecting the relative importance of this previously unsophisticated market.