Under the theme of Trends and Innovation Opportunities Across the Life Stages, the summit will explore the very latest market opportunities across the region that is driving the growth of the global food, beverage and nutrition industries – Asia!
On day one, we will be assessing Infant and Maternal Nutrition, and Women’s Health
On day two, we will be focusing on Active Nutrition, Protein Innovation, and Men’s Health.
And on day three we’ll be shining the spotlight on Healthy Ageing and Personalised Nutrition and Future Food Innovation.
Throughout the three-day summit, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial food, beverage and nutrition rewards on offer across all life stages.
On day three, Nestle's Dr Jorg Hager will deliver a talk titled'Providing the right food for diverse consumer needs and benefits: Precision nutrition from a product perspective'
He said: "The importance of nutrition for health is well established. For most nutrients there are national guidelines for daily dietary intake thresholds. However, population-based average thresholds are not useful to provide nutrition recommendations for the individual. Large-scale, real-world capture of data from individuals, based for example on biomarkers or genetics analysis, now allows for the first time an assessment of the nutritional needs at the individual level.
"This has led to the creation of many health and wellness start-ups in the space of personalised or precision nutrition. Most of these start-ups provide personalised assessment tools or measurements in conjunction with recommendations based on these data. The value of these approaches to improve health outcomes through precision nutrition is an emerging field of research. This talk will provide an overview of the different methods used to assess nutritional needs in individuals and provide examples how these can be used to drive product innovation."
Key takeaways include:
• Why current nutrient thresholds are not useful for precision nutrition.
• An overview of assessment methods to gain insights in individual level nutrition needs.
• Examples of product solutions for precision nutrition.
Other speakers include:
- Gregg Ward VP, Science Nutrition & Digital Health, China, North Asia & Oceania, Head of Danone Open Science Research Center, Danone Early Life Nutrition
- Aashim Malhotra VP & Managing Director – APAC, Food and Beverage Group, Dole Sunshine Company
- Sachin Prasad, Vice President, Commercial Strategy, Mondelēz
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, H&H Group
- Bejit Ideas, President, Japanese Society of Anti-Ageing Nutrition
- Andy Huang, Head of Formula Design, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Deepapriya Velumani, NPD Brand Lead, Wellness, Haleon
- Dr Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili Group
- Nathan Cheong, Chief Executive Officer, Melrose Health Group
- Mikio Aoki, Senior General Manager, Future Business Development Department, Suntory
- Celia Yibing Ning, Director, Junlebao Dairy Group
- Dr Tsz-Ning Mak, Head, Nestle Institute of Health Sciences Singapore Hub
- Dr Yang Hee Cho, Vice President, Innovation & Science Korea & Japan, Amway
- Ashley Chung, Chief Marketing Officer, Yuhan Care
- Prof Christiani Jeyakumar Henry, Deputy Executive Director, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
- Astrid Prajogo, Founder & CEO, Haofood
- Dr Sumanto Haldar, Principal Investigator, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR
Sponsors for the event to date are: Morinaga, SynbioTech, Kerry, Valio, Friesland Campina, Symrise, Beneo, Roquette, Epicor, IFF, Winclove Probiotics, Probiotical, AAK and ProDigest.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief and Regional Head: APAC, said: "We are thrilled to announce the return of the Growth Asia Summit for 2023, after such a successful return to live face-to-face events last year.
"By broadening our content themes to span all life-stages, we will be able to drill down into the key opportunities, innovations, ingredients and trends that are propelling growth across the region.
"We are also delighted to announce the NutraIngredients-Asia Awards will be held on the evening of the opening day, as we recognise the brightest and best nutrition companies, individuals and initiatives alongside our flagship summit."
To find out more about sponsorship opportunities, contact firstname.lastname@example.org