The NutraIngredients-Asia Awards 2023: Check out all the categories, including NEW Microbiome Modulation accolades
Entries for the awards are now open across 16 categories, and winners will be announced at a special ceremony in Singapore on September 26, held alongside our flagship Growth Asia Summit.
For 2023, we’ve expanded the prebiotic ingredient and probiotic product categories to encompass all ingredients and products designed for microbiome modulation to improve health.
For the Ingredient of the Year: Microbiome Modulation, we're looking for:
- A genuine consumer demand or requirement based upon a common health issue or risk factor
- Solid scientific evidence to demonstrate a unique nutritional solution to this need or problem – including peer-reviewed data to back up any performance or health claims made.
- A good range of examples of applications / delivery systems for use in final products
- Commercial success and engagement from your core target market(s). Give numbers and examples of sales and applications that are available in the market
- What gives your ingredient the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
for the Product of the Year, Microbiome Modulation, we're looking for:
- Brand recognition and the commercial success of your product, including evidence of strong retail and consumer interest or listings of your product.
- Consumer demand and interest in your format, delivery system, and/or matrix – including how innovative any delivery system is.
- Whether your product meets a consumer demand, and how relevant the botanical/TCM ingredient is in meeting this demand
- Packaging ease of use and design, including appeal and ease of use, novelty
- Evidence that the product works for its specified use, where possible this will be product specific research, however research citing the main active ingredients solely will also be considered.
- Evidence of that your product and its delivery system(s) has no, or beneficial, impact on bioavailability (especially if citing single ingredient data).
- What gives your product the ‘X factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the crowd and edge out the competition (including evidence to back up claims)
Extensive details on the entry criteria are available at the awards site.
The closing date for awards entries is Monday, May 22, 2023.
Entries are judged by an independent panel of industry experts, with the exception of the NutraChampion and Editor’s Award, which are judged by the NutraIngredients-Asia editorial team.
Regional Head and Editor-in-Chief: APAC, Gary Scattergood said: “We are thrilled to be bringing our awards back for the sixth year, and returning to a live ceremony in Singapore alongside our Growth Asia Summit.
“Entering the awards is a great way to showcase your hard work and achievements across the industry as we once again seek to reward excellence.”
The awards are open to any ingredients, products or businesses that are active in the APAC region.
The full categories for 2023 are:
Beauty from Within
Innovations in Women’s Health Award
Nutrition Research Project
Editors Award for Infant and Childhood Nutrition Initiative of the Year
Entry to the awards will be set at a fee of US$195 per entry.
See the NutraIngredients-Asia Awards website for full details on entry criteria and to submit your applications.