It will feature extensive expert insights from a raft of big-name brands, leading academics, policy experts, and the most innovative suppliers, all focusing on the region with biggest growth potential for food, beverage, supplements, functional products and nutrition – Asia.
The 2022 face-to-face summit will feature:
- Day one dedicated to Healthy Ageing, incorporating our long-standing Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, in a region where 1.3bn people will be over the age of 60 by 2050.
- Day two will be dedicated to Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, incorporating our established Probiota Asia summit, as we connect the worlds of business and science in these fascinating, and booming, categories.
- And day three will be dedicated to Protein, incorporating our Protein Vision event, as we shine the spotlight on one of the fastest-growing categories, plant-based protein, as well as detailing the latest innovation in the emerging cultivated product space, and of course the traditional meat, dairy and seafood sectors.
Today we can reveal that Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, will deliver a joint keynote talk.
Angela will discuss ‘Market and innovation trends in both the infant and adult probiotic market’, while Regina will address ‘The latest scientific developments in pre/probiotics and the microbiome’
Angela’s synopsis sates: “Consumers understand that probiotics have overall positive impact on gut health and immunity but are lacking awareness in the functional benefits for skin health and mood. This presentation will explore the gut-brain-skin axis and the opportunities this poses for innovation in adult and infant nutrition. It will also assess how the impact of positively modulating the microbiota throughout all life stages with probiotics, prebiotics and postbiotics in synergy is emerging and allows great variety in suitable formats for consumers to drive convenience and engagement.”
And Regina’s notes: “Recent and ongoing developments in microbiome science are enabling new frontiers of research for probiotics, prebiotics (including HMOs) and postbiotics. Novel types and applications currently under study have the potential to change scientific understanding as well as nutritional and healthcare applications of these interventions. This session will examine recent, emerging, and anticipated trends in probiotic, prebiotic and postbiotic science, and create a vision for broad areas of developing influence in the field.”
Angela has worked in the healthcare industry for 20 years, initially in medicine development in the field of neuroscience before moving into consumer product R&D, while Regina is a medical doctor with vast industry experience in the science and regulation of infant formula, supplements, functional foods, and pharmaceuticals.
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Gerben Kamps, Head of Global Business Development of Seafood Alternatives, Thai Union Group
- Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores
- Dr. Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili
- Laurent Stévenart, Singapore and UAE Country Manager, Impossible Foods
- Dr Sunny Wong, Associate Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, H&H Group (parent company of Biostime and Swisse)
- Dr Daisuke Fujiwara, General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin Holdings
- Dr Shao Quan Liu, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Food Science and Technology
- Aaron Yeo, Director of Operations, GOOD Meat
- Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Professor Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Alicia Ng, Vice President and Head of R&D for Wider Asia, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Jesse Gu, Head of Sales and Marketing, BYHEALTH International
- Carrie Chan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avant
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Dr Saishreyas Sundarajoo, Head of Clinical Affairs, AMiLi
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Melrose Health
- Dr Roberto Grau, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR) and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas (CONICET), Argentina
- Sanghyun Lim, Principal Researcher, Cell Biotech
- Tony Hunter, Global Strategic Foresight Consultant, Food Scientist and Speaker, Food Futurist
- Dr Dai Chen, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS) and CTO Probicient
We will also be hosting a condensed digital event, consisting of three 90-minute broadcasts on the same topics the following week, from 18-20 October.
Throughout both events, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial rewards on offer.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head: APAC at publisher William Reed’s Global Brands division, said: “We are delighted to be able to return to live events here in Singapore, home to our regional HQ, and are thrilled with the stellar line-up of industry experts who will be sharing their insights.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone to our summit as we showcase the huge potential for growth across the Healthy Ageing, Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, and Protein sectors here in Asia.”
We also have extensive sponsorship opportunities for innovative brands to partner with us to showcase their solutions across the Healthy Ageing category, Probiotics, Prebiotics and Microbiome space, and the Protein sectors. For more information, contact Sueann.email@example.com.