It will feature extensive expert insights from a raft of big-name brands, leading academics, policy experts, and the most innovative suppliers, all focusing on the region with biggest growth potential for food, beverage, supplements, functional products and nutrition – Asia.
The 2022 face-to-face summit will feature:
- Day one dedicated to Healthy Ageing, incorporating our long-standing Healthy Ageing APAC Summit, in a region where 1.3bn people will be over the age of 60 by 2050.
- Day two will be dedicated to Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, incorporating our established Probiota Asia summit, as we connect the worlds of business and science in these fascinating, and booming, categories.
- And day three will be dedicated to Protein, incorporating our Protein Vision event, as we shine the spotlight on one of the fastest-growing categories, plant-based protein, as well as detailing the latest innovation in the emerging cultivated product space, and of course the traditional meat, dairy and seafood sectors.
Today we can reveal that Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores, will deliver a keynote talk titled ‘Meeting evolving consumer needs: How digital adoption, product innovation and dosage forms can aid Healthy Ageing in APAC’.
Her synopsis states: “The Importance of nutrition has received lot more focus during the past few years due to spread of Covid-19, and it is clear that a combination of factors work together for not just prolonging life, but also for improving the quality of life as we age.
"This talk will assess how demographics and access to health education play an important role in achieving specific health outcomes. It will also discuss how the nutritional needs of an individual changes with age and examine the latest market insights.
“Finally, it will detail how keeping up with new technology and adopting digital solutions will be a game changer by empowering consumers to look after their nutritional health and reducing the burden on health systems.”
Key takeaways will include:
• How innovative product solutions combined with digital technology will be the future of the nutritional health industry.
• How consumer preferences change with age
• How the advancement and adoption of digital health can be a tool for improving outcomes
Mimi, who is a firm believer in the power of natural products to provide holistic health outcomes and a healthy lifestyle, began working with Blackmores in January 2021. She has been based in Asia throughout her career, beginning with Procter & Gamble and then Johnson & Johnson. Her assignments have been across various technical, product development, scientific capacities and segments. Mimi’s core passion is to deliver the best, quality products to more consumers in more parts of the world.
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Gerben Kamps, Head of Global Business Development of Seafood Alternatives, Thai Union Group
- Mimi Kumar, Director Product Development, International, Blackmores
- Dr. Zhanyou Yun, Assistant President, Yili
- Laurent Stévenart, Singapore and UAE Country Manager, Impossible Foods
- Dr Sunny Wong, Associate Professor, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
- Angela Brady, External Innovation & Partnering Director, and Regina Karim, MD, Senior Global Science Communication and Claims Manager, H&H Group (parent company of Biostime and Swisse)
- Dr Daisuke Fujiwara, General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin Holdings
- Dr Shao Quan Liu, Associate Professor, National University of Singapore (NUS), Food Science and Technology
- Aaron Yeo, Director of Operations, GOOD Meat
- Dr Shan May Yong, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Professor Brian Kennedy, Distinguished Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Alicia Ng, Vice President and Head of R&D for Wider Asia, GSK Consumer Healthcare
- Jesse Gu, Head of Sales and Marketing, BYHEALTH International
- Carrie Chan, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avant
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Dr Saishreyas Sundarajoo, Head of Clinical Affairs, AMiLi
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Melrose Health
- Dr Roberto Grau, Professor of Microbiology and Head of the Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Rosario (UNR) and Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas (CONICET), Argentina
- Sanghyun Lim, Principal Researcher, Cell Biotech
- Tony Hunter, Global Strategic Foresight Consultant, Food Scientist and Speaker, Food Futurist
- Dr Dai Chen, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore (NUS) and CTO Probicient
We will also be hosting a condensed digital event, consisting of three 90-minute broadcasts on the same topics the following week, from 18-20 October.
Throughout both events, FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com will help you understand how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap the substantial rewards on offer.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head: APAC at publisher William Reed’s Global Brands division, said: “We are delighted to be able to return to live events here in Singapore, home to our regional HQ, and are thrilled with the stellar line-up of industry experts who will be sharing their insights.
“We can’t wait to welcome everyone to our summit as we showcase the huge potential for growth across the Healthy Ageing, Probiotics, Prebiotics and the Microbiome, and Protein sectors here in Asia.”
We also have extensive sponsorship opportunities for innovative brands to partner with us to showcase their solutions across the Healthy Ageing category, Probiotics, Prebiotics and Microbiome space, and the Protein sectors. For more information, contact Sueann.email@example.com.