Today's broadcast on Healthy Snacking begins at 3pm Singapore-time. Registration for the event is free.
Gary Scattergood, Editor-in-Chief of both titles and Regional Head APAC at publisher William Reed said: “Across the region, the future growth potential is huge, as incomes continue to rise, urbanisation gathers pace, life expectancy increases and consumer demands rapidly evolve, not least due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“In fact, Asia is tipped to be the global driving force for growth across not only mainstream food and beverage products, but also functional foods and supplements. That’s why NutraIngredients-Asia and FoodNavigator-Asia will once again be shining the spotlight on how the industry can best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap these substantial rewards.”
Confirmed speakers for the series include:
- Patrick Gantier, Asia General Manager, Mars Wrigley
- Gregg Ward, Head of Open Science Innovation Centre, Danone.
- Dr Yong Shan May, Brands Suntory, Principal Scientist
- Dr Tunyawat Kasemsuwan, Thai Union, Thai Union Global Innovation Centre (GIC) Director
- Prof Grant Brinkworth, The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia
- Dr Shawn Watson, Senescence Life Sciences, Founder and CEO
- Dr Matthew Pikosky, National Dairy Council USA, VP Nutrition Research
- Dr Paul Clayton Institute of Food, Brain and Behaviour (Oxford), Fellow
- Jin Zong Xiao, Morinaga, Director of Next Generation Science Institute
- Angus Brown, Ārepa, Co-Founder and CEO
- Ramasamy Venkatesh, Gencor, MD
- Dahlia Ghazalay, USDEC, Regional Director SEA
- Prof Alex Tups, University of Otago
- Dr Sumanto Haldar, Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) at A*STAR, Principal Investigator
- Michelle Lee, IFF, Regional Marketing Leader, Greater Asia
- Christian Philippsen, Beneo, MD, Asia Pacific
- Florence Leong, Kosmode Health, Co-Founder and CEO
- Laurent Stevenart, Impossible Foods, Country Manager (Singapore)
- Damien-Pierre Lessot, Roquette, Head of Technical Developers
- Hugo Leclercq, Lesaffre Biospringer, Innovation and Business Development Director
- Ronan Moloney, Kerry, VP & GM for Food and Meat
- Coco Tse, Hero Protein, VP, Strategy & Operations
- Aashim Maholtra, Dole Sunshine Company, VP and MD APAC
- Yuwi Chan, Eat Real Snacks, International Sales Manager (APAC)
- Salomi Naik, Ai Palette, Head of Innovation
- Martin Teo, USDEC, Technical Director - Food Applications
- Chyn Boon Wong, Morinaga, Research Associate
- Tamara Rausch, Advanced Lipids, Global Scientific Marketing Manager
- Airing Wang, Nature’s Way, Head of Marketing - China
- Monica Meldrum, Whole Kids, Founder and CEO
- Max Rye, TurtleTree Labs, Chief Strategist
- Sigalit Zchut, Advanced Lipids, Global Scientific Marketing Manager
- Jane Li, Li, Page & Co, Founder
The full line-up of forthcoming events is:
13 JULY ● 3PM SGT (GMT+8)
Asian consumers are increasingly opting to eat several smaller meals across the day, instead of the traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner. This has led to a boom in the region’s snacking market, but many consumers are not satisfied with simple indulgence or convenience. Increasingly, they are demanding healthier options, opening up huge opportunities for value-added ingredients that can play a role in assisting with reformulation or fortification, as well that those that can foster claims to be natural, or clean label. We’ll be assessing the latest developments in all of the above as brands strive to meet these emerging snacking trends.
Infant & Maternal Health
15 JULY ● 3PM SGT (GMT+8)
The Asia-Pacific infant formula market is due to double by 2026, to reach $26.8 billion, with brands continually striving to find a competitive edge with scientifically backed and high-value ingredients. We’ll also be looking at the booming market for children’s supplements, particularly in China, as well as debating the latest understanding and opportunities around maternal health, in a region where many mums-to-be still experience key micronutrient deficiencies.
Previous events available to view on-demand are:
Healthy Ageing: Mobility & Cognitive Health
29 JUNE ● 3PM SGT (GMT+8)
In recognition of the huge public health challenges, and immense business opportunities, posed by Asia’s rapidly ageing population, this year we will stage two editions on Healthy Ageing in order to give the topic the level of attention it requires. The event will drill down into the latest research, trends and products for conditions associated with mobility, including bone, joint and muscle health. Also, with cognitive health top of mind for consumers of all ages, we’ll also be debating the latest nutritional solutions to aid memory, mood, alertness, sleep and relaxation.
Healthy Ageing: Metabolic & Digestive Health
1 JULY ● 3PM SGT (GMT+8)
Many Asian nations are still struggling to fight battles against obesity, diabetes and heart disease, so we’ll be shining the spotlight on the role the food, beverage and nutrition sector has to play in helping alleviate the various metabolic health conditions. We’ll also be assessing the latest developments in gut health, with a particular focus on how Asia’s flourishing probiotics and prebiotics sectors can confer benefits to digestive health and beyond.
6 JULY ● 3PM SGT (GMT+8)
Interest in plant-based alternatives across Asia shows no signs of slowing, as evidenced by the growing number of major brands, suppliers and trend-setting foodservice outlets continuing to ramp-up investment. With Asia tipped to be the largest region for plant-based food consumption in the $21bn global finished product market by 2025 on the back of consumers’ ethical, health and environmental concerns, plus extensive product innovation, we’ll be looking at how the sector can establish itself as a mainstream, as well as trending, category.