Broadcast live on May 4 at 3pm Singapore time, the edition is the first of 10 produced by NutraIngredients' global teams.
It will kick off with a presentation from Dr. Amanda Rao , Founder and Principal Investigator of RDC Global on 'Trials and Tribulations'. Dr Rao will cast her expert opinion across the most impressive emerging research around immunity and nutrition, while also discussing the challenges posed in conducting clinical trials amid a pandemic.
We will continue the session with a presentation from Dr. Daisuke Fujiwara , Deputy General Manager of the Health Science Department at Kirin, titled 'From Study to Shelf'. Dr Fujiwara will detail how a decade’s worth of research at Japanese giants Kirin culminated in a raft of NPD and the creation of the iMUSE immunity brand – the first to receive a Food With Function immunity claim in its domestic market.
Dr. Daisuke Fujiwara's presentation will be followed by a presentation from Ankur Bhamu , Heads of Sales and Business Development at TATA NQ .
We will then wrap up with a 45-minute panel discussion and audience Q&A chaired by Gary Scattergood .
Panellists will include:
- Dr. Amanda Rao , Founder and Principal Investigator, RDC Clinical
- Dr. Samuel JK Abraham , Head of R&D, GN Corporation (Japan)
- Dato’ Dr Rajen Manicka , CEO, Holista Colltech
- Ankur Bhamu , Heads of Sales and Business Development, TATA NQ
NutraIngredients-Asia Editor-in-Chief Gary Scattergood said: “Our series will be shining the spotlight on the vital topic of immunity – with a focus on clinical research, botanicals and the microbiome.
“With consumer demand for immunity-boosting products soaring, this series will bring together leading experts to assess the existing scientific evidence, the scope for new product development, the opportunity for gold-standard clinical research, and the marketing and regulatory challenges across the region.”
The other two APAC broadcasts, for which registration is free, are:
Immunity and Botanicals
- Sarah Culverhouse, Head of Education, McPherson’s Health
- Nalin Sood, CEO and Co-Founder, Teamonk Global
- Dr. George Thouas, Head of Research & Development, Max Biocare
- Dr. Ram Vishwakarma, Scientific Advisor Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India
Immunity and the Microbiome
- Prof. Siew C. Ng, Associate Director, Center for Gut Microbiota Research, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Chyn Boon Wong, Research Associate. Morinaga Milk Industry
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Factors Group
- Ewa Hudson, Head of Market Insights, Lumina Intelligence
- Rebecca Edwards, Director of Education, Activated Probiotics
Gary added: “Immunity has been the hottest topic for supplement firms and suppliers in APAC this year, with heightened interest from consumers leading to sales of finished products soaring.
“Our immunity series will assess the opportunities for future studies and NPD across Asia Pacific spanning the microbiome, botanicals, active nutrition and clinical research, in order to meet this demand in an effective and responsible manner.”
If you can't make the live event you should register anyway, because the series will be available to view ‘on-demand’ after the live broadcasts.