Associate Prof Lesley Braun will deliver the talk at the event, which takes place in Singapore from July 7-9.
B group vitamins are water soluble nutrients which aren’t stored in the body for long and must be replenished on a regular basis.
For decades it has been known that frank deficiency of these vitamins can cause serious and sometimes irreversible changes in the body.
Besides using supplements to address deficiency states, research has also identified uses for these vitamins which put them into the ‘therapeutic’ realm, often at doses exceeding regular dietary intake.
Key takeaways from this talk will include:
- The role of nicotinamide in reducing non-melanoma skin cancer
- The benefits of B complex for improving connectivity in the brain, cognitive effects and improving response to stress
- The growing potential for applications in mental health and ageing.
The event will also feature keynote presentations from Brand's Suntory, Herbalife, NIPPN, Avant Meats and Cerecin, alongside the Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine, National University of Singapore, the National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine in Australia, Mahidol University / The Food Science and Technology Association of Thailand (FoSTAT), the Malaysian Dietary Supplements Association (MADSA), Food Industry Asia, Ageing Asia Alliance and Mercer.
The summit takes place at Singapore's Hilton hotel on Orchard Road.
The event takes place as the number of older persons in the region is expected to more than double from 600 million today to nearly 1.3 billion by 2050.
Organised by the publishers of FoodNavigator-Asia.com and NutraIngredients-Asia.com, the event brings together brands, suppliers, regulators and market experts to assess how the industry can meet the food and nutrition needs of older consumers of today and tomorrow.
Editor-in-Chief of both titles, and Regional Head of APAC at publisher William Reed, Gary Scattergood, said: “Crucially, the event comes from the perspective that healthy ageing begins from conception. It assesses innovative food and nutrition solutions across all age spans, which will ultimately help people enjoy a healthy, as well as longer, older age.
"We are thrilled to have a fantastic line-up of expert speakers from across the globe, all of whom will be shining the spotlight on the biggest challenges and opportunities around healthy ageing."
The full list of confirmed speakers is:
- Dr Lawrence Li, Medical Director, Nestle China
- Joy Chong, Prinicipal Clinical Pharmacist, Watsons
- Seiichi Shimizu, Director of Research and Development, Otsuka Pharma
- Professor Jon Wardle, Founding Director of the National Centre for Naturopathic Medicine in Australia
- John Hellmann, Vice President, Government Affairs, Asia Pacific, Herbalife
- Dr Yong Shan May, Principal Scientist, Bioefficacy and Bioactive Discovery, Brands Suntory
- Dr Sam Henderson, Chief Scientific Officer, Cerecin
- Dr Lesley Braun, Director, Blackmores Institute
- Tana Limpayaraya, CEO, Amado Group (Thailand)
- Dr. Mario Chin, Co-founder & CSO, Avant Meats
- Associate Prof Satoshi Fukumitsu, Innovation Center Manager, NIPPN
- Assistant Professor Anadi Nitithamyong – Mahidol University / FoSTAT
- Dr Jung Eun Kim, Assistant Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, National University of Singapore
- Dr. Ram Vishwakarma, Director, Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine Jammu
- EE Fern Wong, Board Member, Malaysian Dietary Supplements Association
- Godelieve van Dooren, Partner, Mercer
To find out about our comprehensive partnership and sponsorship opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com