Mannion will be debating the industry developments when he takes to the stage as a keynote speaker at our forthcoming summit in Singapore.
This year's event will take place at the Hilton on Orchard Road from October 17 to 19.
According to Mannion, the microbiome is truly on the map and consumer demand for solutions to restore microbial balance has never been stronger.
This consumer demand is underpinned by a growing body of science, increased health care practitioner recommendation and, ultimately, by consumers achieving positive health outcomes, he added.
“Despite this the probiotic industry is at a cross-roads, with new trends emerging which threaten ongoing commercial success and consumer acceptance,” he notes.
Looking to the future, his presentation will highlight:
- Strategies for successful market launches and boosting consumer awareness
- Commoditisation and the probiotic potency arms race – what it takes to succeed
- Medical microbiome therapies and the future of supplemental probiotics
Blackmores recently relaunched its revitalised probiotics range, which it now claims is the fastest-growing in Australia. It has also unveiled the products in China.
Mannion has 25 years’ experience in the natural health industry and with probiotic product development. He also serves as the vice-president of the peak industry body Complementary Medicines Australia.
Other speakers at Probiota Asia, organised by NutraIngredients-Asia, include:
- Ger Rijkers - Professor of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University College Roosevelt, the Netherlands
- Craig Silbery - CEO, Life-Space
- Wai Mun Poon - Regulatory Affairs Consultant, Wong SJ Asia
- Michael Conlon - Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO
- Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh - School of Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Ng Qin Xiang – National University of Singapore
Meanwhile, DuPont is joining the event as a diamond sponsor, with Yakult and Nutrasource on board at the platinum level.
Morinaga and Winclove are backing the summit at gold level, with Probi, Lesaffre Human Care and Human Metabolome joining at supporter level.
For information on commercial opportunities at the event, please contact Junia Tan.
Register as a delegate here.