Also featured on our list is a recent story we published looking at what are likely to be 2018's top food trends, with functional mushroom ingredients and Middle Eastern innovation expected to star.
But before we see in the New Year, take a look at the market insights that proved the most popular in 2017.
1) Four key trends trends driving Southeast Asian F&B growth in 2017
Southeast Asia’s food and drink market would be dominated by four trends in 2017, according to Mintel, including traditional tastes and plant-based products.
2) Breaking into the milk market: India’s top dairy alternatives
Vegetarian-friendly plant-based milk alternatives are poised to put pressure on traditional dairy in heavily vegetarian India.
3) Botanical and herbal innovations to dominate 2018's top food trends
Floral flavors, functional mushrooms and root-to-stem recipes are just a few of the picks expected to take off in 2018.
4) How snack tastes have been changing in traditional Japan
Tastes are changing fast in Japan, where younger consumers are adopting more Western foods, traditional dishes are fusing with Spanish ingredients and snacking is on the rise.
5) Changing consumer demands fuel new innovations in coffee and tea
New varieties of coffee and tea drinks are putting a spin on Asia’s staple beverages, thanks to consumer demand for new flavours and concepts.