The interactive broadcast series, organised by FoodNavigator-Asia and NutraIngredients-Asia, runs from October 13 to November 17.
Viewed through the prism of six core categories that are primed for exponential growth across the region (Healthy ageing, probiotics and prebiotics, plant-based innovation, infant nutrition, active nutrition and reformulation and fortification) we’ll be analysing the key new product developments, market access, consumer engagement, research and innovation strategies for success.
The event will feature high-level video interviews, presentations and a live interactive video panel debate.
The second event, focusing on Probiotics and Prebiotics, will be broadcast at 2pm Singapore-time on October 20.
- Nathan Cheong, CEO, Life-Space
- Dr. Satoshi Arai, Senior Research Associate, Morinaga Milk Industry
- George Paraskevakos, Executive Director, International Probiotics Association (IPA)
- Elisabet Nordstrom, Scientific Communication & Sales Support, Probi AB
- Ewa HUDSON, Director of Insights Lumina Intelligence
- Charles Diao, Regulatory and Sourcing Manager, Health Products Association-China
FoodNavigator-Asia and NutraIngredients-Asia Editor-in-Chief Gary Scattergood said: "Asian countries are driving the global growth of food, beverage, nutraceutical and functional food sales - at a time when it has never been more important for businesses to better tap into new and expanding markets. Across the region, the future growth potential is huge, as incomes continue to rise, urbanisation gathers pace, life expectancy increases and consumer demands rapidly evolve.
"These factors will see regional food and beverage sales surge by more than 35% to $4.2tn the next four years alone, with APAC set to account for almost 40% of the total global market. For nutraceuticals and functional products, the sector is due to double to $135bn in Asia during the same period.
"Our groundbreaking Growth Asia 2020 series will address how the industry best navigate the region’s highly diverse consumer, regulatory, cultural and economic landscape in order to reap these substantial rewards."
The full broadcast dates are:
- Healthy Ageing: October 13 Listen again
- Probiotics and Prebiotics: October 20
- Plant-based Innovation: October 27
- Infant Nutrition: November 3
- Active Nutrition: November 10
- Reformulation and Fortification: November 17