We are delighted to announce that DuPont will be joining the event as a diamond sponsor, with Yakult and Nutrasource on board at the platinum level.
Morinaga and Winclove are backing the summit at gold level, with Probi, Lesaffre Human Care and Human Metabolome joining at supporter level.
This year's event will take place at the Hilton on Orchard Road from October 17 to 19.
Among the first wave of confirmed speakers are:
- Paul Mannion – Director of Product Innovation, Blackmores
- Ger Rijkers - Professor of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University College Roosevelt, the Netherlands
- Craig Silbery - CEO, Life-Space
- Wai Mun Poon -Regulatory Affairs Consultant, Wong SJ Asia
- Michael Conlon - Senior Research Scientist, CSIRO
- Kourosh Kalantar-zadeh - School of Engineering, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Ng Qin Xiang - University of Singapore
NutraIngredients-Asia Editor-in-Chief Gary Scattergood said: "I'm thrilled that our Probiota summit is returning to Singapore after last year's great first event, and that so many leading compnaies in the sector are again showing their support.
"Probiota has always been about connecting science and business in probiotics and prebiotics — providing that central point of exchange — and we are excited about what we have in store our for the event later this year with our partner, the International Probiotics Association."
Researchers and those engaged in all aspects of microbiome science in academia, industry and consumer health are now being urged to submit abstracts to the scientific committee.
Scattergood added: "We are looking for abstracts presenting the latest state-of-the-art developments related to all aspects of prebiotic, probiotic and microbiome science relevant to human health, well-being, consumers and industry. We are particularly interested in reports from human intervention studies."
Presentations and posters
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee. Successful authors will be invited to present their work either as an oral presentation or a poster at Probiota Asia.
Those whose abstracts are accepted as posters will receive a 50% discount on their registration for the conference.
Early-phase, novel, or state-of-the-art research or promising ideas covering the following topics are encouraged, including:
- Host-microbe interactions in health and disease, including preclinical and clinical studies evaluating pre- and probiotic interventions
- Application and development of '-omics' approaches in biomarker discovery, including identification of potential pre- and probiotic strains. Research identifying strain-specific effects of probiotics for health and well-being, including mechanism of action and bioactive discovery and isolation
- Early findings from large-scale research projects and clinical trials
- Innovations and novel ideas in the areas of production processes, delivery, formulation and shelf-life
- Consumer and market insights, including population research, trends and threats, commercial packaging and marketing
- Human intervention studies
For full guidelines, please click here.
Any questions about the abstract submission process or the poster session can be addressed to Claudia Rhynes.
For information on commercial opportunities at the event, please contact Junia Tan.
Register as a delegate here.